When Worlds Collide

Facebook hits 100 million users and I'm about to delete my account.

You see, I started my experiences on Facebook by nurturing a network comprised of people from my ed-tech world. When people from my personal world now request to add me as their Facebook friend - friends from high school and relatives alike - I'm torn because worlds collide.


I used to add people on Facebook because they were "friends" with other ed-tech-ers, many of whom I've never met and likely never will. Do I really want to expose my family members and real-world friends to a network of people that I really don't know?

I'm not so sure.

What's your take? And don't worry, of course I trust you.

Image Source: Flickr user Staredown Studios

Technorati Tags:

Creative Commons License
Original content distributed on this site is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.